The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that the median pay for a Postal Service Worker for 2018 was approximately $58,700. This equates to an hourly wage of $28.25. The 2018 average wage for a postal worker does not reflect the other valuable benefits for employees who work for the federal government. These additional benefits include –
- Admittance to the FEHB program, an acronym for the Federal Employees Federal Health Benefits program.
- Federally backed Vision and Dental Insurance plans.
- Important Long-term Care Insurance.
- Thrift-Savings Programs.
- Generous PTO – Paid Time Off.
- Life Insurance.
- Discounted Commuter Rates.
A job with the USPS is one in which you can be sure there will always be work to keep you busy. Many of the post office jobs offer a reasonable wage, remarkable benefits, and job security, compared to most non-government jobs in the 21st century.